July 25, 2014

Scrappy Baby Quilt

I love this quilt so much, and it's entirely made from scraps and orphan HSTs and flying geese blocks!! This is why my sewing room's a mess... I don't throw things out and just let them collect in a giant pile on my cutting table. 

Making this quilt was super fun because there was no planning involved... Sew this to that and then this and then that and TADA!

That racoon face (from Acacia by Tula Pink) peeking out makes me giddy hehe I don't know what it was doing on my cutting table, but I had to include it. There's a lot of DS in there (of course) and other random lovelies I've used in the last few months.

Apparently I have a lot of orphan flying geese blocks. These ones are part of a quilt that'll appear in a book sometime in the future.

For the back, I used one of my favourite DS prints... yellow grid with gorgeous pops of orange and pink flowers. Be still, my heart :) And the binding is a hot pink dot by Dear Stella which I also love a great deal. I used it because I wanted something to frame the whole quilt, and I thought it was one of the few things that would actually stand out, given all the brights in the quilt.

It's currently available in the shop :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Супер одеяло! Красивые цвета!

Kar said...

Another beautiful piece of work! The scrappy quilts are my favorite. :)

Unknown said...

So pretty, Audrie! You nailed it again! I love all the flying geese and HST, and that cute pink fox is adorable. The backing is just perfect, I haven't seen that fabric before, need to see if it's available someplace. I love reading your blog, so happy you had a new post!

Vicki said...

It's gorgeous. :)

jeifner said...

It's so delightfully scrappy!

Sharon said...

I love a truly scrappy quilt…and this is such a pretty example of one!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!!

Carla said...

Aren't left over blocks the best?! Love your quilt

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...